Friday, June 21, 2013

Coaching IS....

Before I get into the final lesson God is teaching me I must give and update form the last entry.  As I said I had two wonderful opportunities.  I was leaning more toward one and since then, I got the position that I was leaning towards.   As I look back over the entire process I see that God really was in control and that I ended up right where He wanted me.  He put me in a place where Coaching can be a ministry, which is lesson 4 He has thought me.

Coaching IS my ministry.

 This lesson goes with the previous lesson of doing more and more for God doesn't make me more "spiritual".  When I was learning that lesson, I was really seeking the ministry path God had for me.  I knew He had called me into the ministry but for some reason had no idea what that looked like anymore.  I tried different avenues but no matter where I turned, not seemed to be where He wanted me.  So when i learned the lesson that doing more isn't better, I stepped back and said, "OK God, then I will just not seek ministry opportunities anymore until you show me what my ministry is.  

At this time I was really starting to look for coaching opportunities.  Since i was pretty much back a square one on the coaching scene, I decided to revamp my coaching philosophy and also come up with a mission statement for my coaching.  This was something new that I had learned from reading the book InsideOut Coaching.  I would recommend this book to all coaches, as it will truly change the way you coach and the way you look at coaching.  I had never really written a mission statement before so I did a little research to find out how to do one.  The definition is : reason for existing. The mission statement should guide the actions of the organization, spell out its overall goal, provide a path, and guide decision-making.  It's like a goal for what the company wants to do for the world.  It basically came down to why you do the thing you are writing the mission statement for.  I took lots of time and really thought about why I coached.  

In this process God made it extremely clear that my ministry had been right there all along.  I always knew that ministry should be something that you love doing and something that you couldn't see you not doing.  Problem was, I never thought of coaching that way.  It took all these other things going on in my life for me to finally realize that Coaching is my ministry.  So my coaching mission statement is : I will use my coaching to bring glory to God, and to help young ladies become the women that God intended them to be and to help bring others to His saving love.  I will allow others to see God in my coaching and use the influence I have to bring others closer to Him.  I will instill the value in my players to always bring Glory to God in all they do and to use their God given talents and abilities to impact the live of others for His glory.  

Now that I realize that coaching is my ministry and true calling, I see it in a whole new light and with a renewed mind.  Its amazing how good I feel about going into my next position, realizing this.  Thankfully, I will be coaching for a Christian organization so I will be able to really make it a ministry.  I am extremely excited and have a whole new fire for coaching again.  If you are seeking your ministry and need help finding it, ask yourself this one question as I did.  What's the one thing that I do that allows me to have an impact on others that I would do for free?  When you find the answer to that, you've found your ministry.

No comments:

Post a Comment