Friday, September 14, 2012

My Biggest Fan

Every successful coach MUST have a strong support system.  If it were not for the people behind me, I wouldn't be able to do my "job" as well.  David has sacrificed so much over the past 6 years just so I could follow my dream.  He has not just been behind me every step of the way, he's been beside me walking it right along with me.  He's been on the sidelines when needed, he's been the voice of reason when needed, he's been behind the scenes living the life of a coach, given up his time with me and doing it with so much love and joy.  That is something I can never thank him enough for.  I give him the credit, although he won't take it, for finally talking my into going for the college thing.  I don't know if I would have had enough courage to do so without him.  I know things can't be easy for him at least for the 4 months of the year.  But you never hear him complain.  I have told him several times lately, "You know things are going to be much different now with the college.  Lots more time will be needed.  Night away and such."  His usual reply,"  I know that, but its your dream.  I am just happy to see accomplish it."  WOW!!!  Couldn't ask for a more perfect support system.  I often wondered growing up what was really meant by being a cheerful giver.  Now all I have to do is look at that handsome man standing beside me.  Yes i know not exactly what the Bible meant but it is true.  He is basically giving me up, a good meaning here, giving me the opportunity to do what i love and dream of doing.  With that he is giving up his time with me and doing it cheerfully,meaning he is more than happy to do it.  He tells me often.  I just want to see you happy.  It has taken me 6 years but I think I am finally beginning to understand.  He is more than happy to be my support.  MAN I LOVE THAT GUY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment