Saturday, October 26, 2013

Progress

It's amazing to look back over the past month and see the progress things have made. Being a country girl.  I compare it to farm tractors.  Less than two weeks ago I felt like we were kinda like this.

We had a scrimmage this week and it was good to see that we had made great progress.  I'd say we were a little more like this:

Our goal of course would be to be more like this:

I do see us getting there but it will take time.  Right now we are in the process of tweaking the little things we need to in order to make things happen the way we want.  It is also the process of team chemistry.  Seeing that most of these girls have not played together at all or that much makes things hard on them.  Once they learn each other and really start to "gel" I think things will really start coming around.  To me that is one of the hardest things about coaching because it is something I can't control of fix and really have nothing to do with.  You just have to sit back and let it happen.  You can't force it and push it to move faster and depending on the team you never know how long it will take.  Just have to wait for it.
The good part is that my players can see the progress they have made and know things are working.  One of them even said it was just a matter of time and when the chemistry come around we'd be much better.  Its nice to know they feel the same.  I think maybe some team building may be in order.    That will really help.  As I told a parent the other night, when things come around and really start clicking they will be fun to watch.  WE will all be sitting on the edge of our seat until til because we know its just a matter of time.  We are still :


No comments:

Post a Comment