Monday, October 15, 2012

Practice Makes Perfect






Well today was the first day of practice.  It was the most excited and nervous I have been about one one thing all at the same time.  I decided I am just gonna ease myself into it for a day or two.  For the most part I just observed.  That was a good thing because I helps me remember that I am not in complete charge of everything as I am used to being.  I thought it would be hard to not just jump in there and do it but it turned out it wasn't, at least for now.  Maybe as things go along it will be.  The head coach had me do some drill stuff with them which was good.  Got me involved at a nice pace.  The we split up into groups and I got to do a bit of coachng and instruction.  I am sure more will come out as i feel more comfortable with the the whole idea. By the end of practice I was felling pretty good.  I could name most of the players and got at least half of those names actually for the correct person.  I was settling into my role pretty well.  Kinda nice not having all the pressure of being the head coach but still being able to coach.  The girls are great and easy going.  The head coach is awesome and we get along really well.  If tonight is any indication this is gonna be and awesome year.  I really impressed myself with taking to it so well.  I can even run the offense through in my head, which is saying a lot considering I have never seen anything like it before.  Yes we have a long way to go but things are off to a wonderful start.  Next mile stone is first game.  Got exhibition game on Nov 8 (my birthday) then first really game Nov 16th in tip off tourney.   Tine for a second countdown???

1 comment:

  1. Even practicing my U6 soccer players I get nervous. Glad I'm not the only one.

    ReplyDelete